Wednesday, October 12, 2011

CLAUDE MONET STUDY: This is the first painting I did in Cherilyn Fisher's painting class in May this year at the Repartee Art Gallery in Bountiful, UT. It was SO much fun to create. I really enjoyed having the time to play and do art again. The feeling I had when I completed it was pure delight.

Contact: jen.richter@gmail.com 

Things I learned from Cherilyn and others while doing this painting:
  • Can start with a color gesso layer (pink in this case)
  • I used an acrylic glaze medium with a bit of orange pigment in it and then went over the flowers which seemed too bright. It toned it down nicely.
  • Blocking in basic color of background first helps
  • Alistasia (sp?), a fellow student, lent me her hand trimmed brush to get the unique strokes on the flower petals. Loved the effect!
  • I learned from Nora Del Murdock that I could use Liquin as my final coat to give it an oil paint glossy look.

2 comments:

  1. YOU and your painting are DELIGHTFUL!
    WE love our copy!
    This painting WAS the best in the show!

    Much Love,
    Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...you must be a little biased. But, I do appreciate your wonderful encouragement!

    ReplyDelete