Friday, October 14, 2011




MINERVA TEICHERT STUDY: (August 2011), oil on Masonite (11"X14")
Contact: jen.richter@gmail.com
  • I LOVE oils! Kurt bought me some Pre-tested Grumbacher paints. I like how the colors blend. I need to get a high res scan of this to show the layers. The blue was a different color than on the original.
  • I learned that I need to have a better grasp of proportions of the figure. So I took a figure drawing class at the BDAC from Robert Barrett, BYU professor. It was so enlightening. He was constantly teaching us principles and sharing artist quotes throughout the class. Loved it. Bought his book and hope to do more drawings to improve.
  • I love how this turned out. I can see how much I have to learn still. But the process is very fun.

2 comments:

  1. You are on the verge of doing magnificent things!
    Keep going!

    Much Love,
    Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, mom. You are my best supporter. My en"courag"er. I get a lot of good energy and strength from you!

    ReplyDelete