Friday, January 23, 2015

BDAC Advanced Oil Class-Landscape Painting

January 13th was my first class with Diane Turner this winter. I took a class from her last year and loved it! One of her teachers was the Utah artist LeConte Stewart; famous for his impressionistic landscapes.  

Four years now I have been taking hundreds of photographs of the sunset over antelope Island that I can see from my house. I have been wanting to paint this for a very long time. I took several photographs with me to class and chose one to work on. She encouraged me to try a new technique by using a palette knife to paint with instead of a brush.  I must admit it was very difficult at first. I almost gave up and quit. But I decided to carry-on.  I'm glad I did. In fact, I might try it again. 

During the second class I decided to do the same painting but with a brush and see how it would compare.  I am not finished with it yet but you can see a picture of it as it looks right now (The painting on the top is the one done with a palette knife and the painting on the bottom is the one done with a paintbrush).  I'll keep you posted on the progress of the second painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment