Saturday, November 15, 2014

Springville Museum Selection Results

I found out on Thursday that I did not make the cut for the juried spiritual and religious art show this year. I submitted my "Hope of Israel" painting with Mary and baby Jesus and I submitted "Vessel of the Lord" painting seen below. This was a little discouraging. But, art is subjective.  What one person loves another person might not like very much.  It's really an interesting, and even perplexing thing. 

In the past, I have been commissioned to do a piece for hundreds of dollars and that same piece has been accepted in a juried show and at another time was not excepted in a different show. Go figure.
Being rejected is not my favorite part of sharing my art.  I have attempted to submit things to this museum four times and was successful getting into a show once.  It is probably the most prestigious art museum in Utah so I should expect it to attract the very best talent and there is lots of competition.  So I guess it's okay if I don't get in every time.

That's my report. I'll have to think about whether not I want to continue making the effort to submit something to a museum that is so far away from my home. It takes an investment of time and energy to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment