Thursday, October 30, 2014

Christmas Painting-"Vessel of the Lord "

My sister-in-law recently took a photo of herself pregnant with her last baby. It was wonderful! It inspired me to do this painting.

I call it "Vessel of the Lord" because I wanted to focus on Mary's contribution to the mission of the Savior, Jesus Christ.
Were it not for her willingness to accept the call to serve in this capacity, the world will be without a Savior.  She was willing to mother him and that included all of the regular challenges of parenthood but it also included watching him suffer as he fulfilled his mission; as he died on the cross.  At times that must've been very painful. But also what a great joy and privilege.  When I look at the painting it causes me to consider if I am willing to be an instrument in God's hands. To make this world a better place in some small way.  What would it be like if we all have that desire? Lots of little efforts would cumulate to be something rather significant and powerful, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment