Sunday, November 20, 2011

Stonehenge, England


Stonehenge at Dusk, original by Jennifer Richter (acrylic on board): On the 10th I went to Jennifer Benson's house to paint and took along a 5" X 7" canvas. I found a great photo of Stonehenge on the internet. I chose this image because we traveled to England this fall with my in-laws and had a great time.

Contact: jen.richter@gmail.com

I learned:
  • That I REALLY like acrylic for a quick painting that can dry. BUT, I think oils would have blended sunset colors in a smoother, silkier way. Cherilyn encouraged me to do it again, but bigger, in oils. That many artists will do a small practice painting to work out the problems of a new piece. I just may do that!
  • Cherilyn let me borrow some of her gold acrylic paint to sign my piece. I wrote it out in red first...didn't like how bold it looked. Painted gold on top of the red to mute it and loved the effect. I added a glaze of the sparkly gold in the skyline as well.
  • This painting only took two 2-hour sessions. The lion share of the work got done in the first sitting. Fun and very fast! Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment