Friday, October 14, 2011


WOLF KAHN STUDY: (July 2011), acrylic on Masonite (original on top, my study on bottom):
Contact: jen.richter@gmail.com
  • I liked working on a bigger board this time.
  • Found that acrylics dry so fast it was difficult to imitate the blend of colors on canvas as seen in the original...I determined to learn oil painting so as to have more ability to work wet on wet. I admit, the thought was scary to me. A bit intimidating. But a secret hope is to one day sell art in a gallery and to do that successfully, I need to learn oils. That's what sells.
  • I chose not to spend too much time trying to accurately copy each detail on this painting as I felt I couldn't quite duplicate it in acrylic paints. I enjoyed playing with the ideas of the artist on color.
  • I experienced my first real desire to begin looking for ideas for me to paint that might be my first original painting. Thought of looking at photos of trips I've been on for inspiration.




2 comments:

  1. You are living your dream.
    You WILL be selling in galleries and be very successful.
    Painting large is freedom.

    Much Love,
    Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I hope to do very large canvases Georgia O'Keefe style soon. That would be very fun!

    ReplyDelete